Protein Packed Snack Attack Recipes
Are you a busy person and feel you lack the time for home-cooked meals? Then you’ll love our healthy recipes section here on our blog! Today we share 3 recipes loaded with protein – perfect for those who train and want that extra, natural protein boost in between meals.
Cooking at home can be a challenge, but it is very doable! All you really need is the right equipment (food processor), easy-to-make recipes, the ingredients and just a bit of time carved out to throw it all together.
This recipe copulation post is about getting extra healthy protein in throughout the day to maintain metabolism, stay satiated and build muscles between workouts. These are ideal snacks for the on-the-go person, especially those who are active.
Feel free to have fun with these recipes and substitute less desirable ingredients with those you like!
- ¼ cup tahini
- 425 gram canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- 2-4 tbsp water (add to preferred consistency)
- Process all ingredients except spices until chickpeas are combined well. Add the spices and blend.
- Add water until desired consistency.
Mexicali Mixed Nuts
- 1 cup pecans
- ½ cup macadamian nuts
- ½ cup hazel nuts
- ½ cup almonds
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ground paprika
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp dried papaya, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the nuts in a medium-sized bowl, pour the oil, and toss to coat.
- Mix all the dried seasonings together in a bowl. Add to the nut mixture and stir to coat evenly.
- Spread the nuts out on the baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 15-20 minutes, depending on the oven. Stir halfway through. Keep an eye on the roasting and remove pan when desired level of roast is completed. Note: the nuts continue to cook after removed from the heat and before they cool down.
- Add dried papaya to the mixture and toss in a bowl.
No-Bake Protein-Powered Cookies
- ¼ cup dried apricot, chopped
- ¼ cup dried blueberries, chopped
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup cashews
- ¼ cup brazil nuts
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp stevia (or to taste)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pulse nuts until they are small, crumbly chunks.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except for the dried fruits). Process until a dough-like consistency begins to form, making sure to leave some chunks of nuts.
- Add chopped dried fruit and fold into the cookie dough.
- Using a spoon, pack 1 tbsp of dough at a time and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Use your hand to flatten the cookie.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
Do you have any quick, favourite snack recipes to share?